{-# LINE 100 "Foo.hs #-} vs. # 100 "Foo.hs"

John Meacham john@foo.net
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:04:22 -0800

With all this talk of preprocessor generated information and whatnot, I
am reminded of a paper I read not too long ago but can't seem to find
anymore about a dedicated pre-processor for haskell based on the C
preprocessor but made to deal with haskell constructs a bit more sanely.
I was wondering whatever happened to that Idea as I find myself in need
of a preprocessor every now and again... I imagine a small pure Haskell 98
implementation of the preprocessor would be very useful because then it
can be included directly with programs that require it and compiled
first as part of the make process until compilers have it integrated...
any thoughts? anyone have a link to the original paper I am talking
about?
John Meacham   http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~john/
California Institute of Technology, Alum.  john@foo.net