newbie conceptual question

Cagdas Ozgenc co19@cornell.edu
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:47:58 +0300

Greetings,

I have been programming with imperative languages for 15 years. Now I
started learning Haskell, and functional programming (and I am very
determined to learn it well). It seems to me that I can still use functional
programming paradigm with an imperative language. How can I benefit more
from a functional programming language (i.e.Haskell)? In other words, is
having built-in language constructs for functional programming the only
reason for using a functional programming language(I can use polymorpim, and
generic programming in imperative languages, as well).

Thanks