GHC - Cygwin Installation and also DirectX

Nigel Perry N.Perry@massey.ac.nz
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:24:31 +1300

At 5:40 pm +1000 6/3/01 you wrote:
>The Win32 installation instructions say that one should execute "mount -f C:
>/", but having done that in response to this error it does not fix the
>problem and it stops bash from starting up correctly (Cygwin is installed in
>c:\cygwin and GHC in c:\ghc\ghc-4.08.2).  (Why am I supposed to do this
>mount?)

 From painful experience installing GHC under Win2K I can advise you should
install Cygwin at root level now, contrary to advice in Cygwin. Also make
sure your disks are mounted in binary mode or things go awry. The sed part
of the build process will fail first time around but the build will
continue and
fail later, so build twice (and no I've no idea why sed fails). After that just
the usual amount of salt over the shoulder, frogs leg and bat wing broth, etc.
should get it going. ;-)

Hope that helps.

Nigel

Nigel Perry, New Zealand