HaXml (was: Re: Welcome to the "Haskell" mailing list)

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak@knm.org.pl
31 Mar 2001 20:18:23 GMT

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:19:45 +0000, Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk> pisze:

> "with" is a perfectly valid Haskell function name, but Hugs may have
> stolen it for a language extension.  Try giving Hugs the +98 option
> at startup, to ensure that all extensions are turned off.  [Note to
> users of the implicit parameter extension: I believe in future the
> pseudo-keyword "with" will be removed and replaced by "let".]

I would like to replace "with" with "let" too. But SimonPJ said he
won't do it in ghc unless Hugs does it too, and Mark P Jones said
he won't do it in Hugs now (without deep reasons: no people/hours
to do that, and no plans to release next Hugs version this year).

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/