Haskell & .NET CLR

Niall Dalton ndalton@ics.uci.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 21:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

>   The second part of my question pertained only to have a working version
> of the .NET CLR running on non-win32 platforms, e.g. Linux.It won't do
Well you will need compilers as part of that to convert the
MSIL into executable code. As I understand it there are several
compilers in Microsoft's .NET implementation. A 'pre-jit' that
is used as an install time compiler, a typical jit used at runtime
and perhaps an optimizing compiler as well.  Unfortunately I don't
know much about the optimizing compiler plans, nor how things
like the ssa stuff in the IL will be safely used.

Perhaps we should move this conversation off the haskell
list, as we drifted rather far off topic..

niall