FW: Eq instance for (a,b,c,d,e) and upwards

Thu, 31 May 2001 00:58:58 -0700

Henrik Nilsson wrote:

> So, if, in the interest of being conservative, the stated minimal=20
> bound cannot be "infinity", could it at least be a great deal bigger=20
> than what reasonably would be used in *hand-written* code? Say 15. An=20
> arbitrary choice, of course, but it is not excessive from an=20
> implementation perspective, yet large enough that I cannot imagine=20
> hand-written code getting close to the limit.

A fair point.   If you care either way, send me a note.  (Not to the
list.)

Henrik leaves open the question of which tuple *instances* you can rely
on.
Up to 7, like zip and friends?  Or up to 15?  By analogy with the zip
functions,
I think I'd go for 7.  Again, let me know, but don't trouble the list
unless you
want to raise a new point.

Simon