Lambda over types.

anatoli anatoli@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 06:35:43 -0800 (PST)

oleg@pobox.com wrote (in part):

> anatoli <anatoli at yahoo> wrote:
> > Attached are two interpreters: one for untyped lambda calculus,
>
> I'm afraid the attached interpreter can't be an implementation of the
> lambda calculus.

Indeed, it isn't. My bad; I shouldn't have to rely on my failing
memory. I believe that all problems you mention are fixable.
I will attempt to fix them as time permits. I've already found
that I practically have to use de Brujin notation to do substitutions
correctly.

This is all, of course, of purely academical interest. The notation
is extremely inconvenient to do any real work. I'd rather prefer
a real, language-supported lambda over types.

Or... wait a minute! You did find all those problems; does it mean
you tried to *use* this stuff for something? Just curious.

--
anatoli tubman