OT: haskell, .net, microsoft and vs

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:42:35 +0100

> What I'm more intersted in right now is this: they have an *excellent*
> development environment (Visual Studio) and have had it for years.  But,
> as far as I know, ... I really
> couldn't use it to develop applications in any of the languages listed

A couple of years ago, I saw a demo of Visual Studio for Haskell,
based on links to a running Hugs interpreter.  Daan Leijen was the
author, and I believe he later spent some time at Microsoft in Redmond,
specifically working with the Visual Studio programming team.  However,
I suspect that VS for Haskell was more of a side interest and not a
real product for release.  Daan, would you like to comment further?

Regards,
    Malcolm