Another H'98 Report query

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:53:02 +0000

> > I see no reason to disallow duplicates at the subordinate level if
> > they are permitted otherwise.
>
> Well, disallowing duplicates here may improve error detection,
> catching some unintentional typos and cut-and-paste errors.

By the same argument, we should disallow *all* duplicates, for instance

    module M where ( T()
                   , ...
                   , T(..)
                   )

is just as likely to be a typo or cut-n-paste error, since the
type/class is exported both with and without its constructors/methods.
(I had a real example of this recently - when the export list is large,
it can be difficult to spot the duplication.)

Regards,
    Malcolm