ANNOUNCE: hIDE version 0.1346269

Jonas Svensson d99josve@dtek.chalmers.se
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:48:27 +0200

Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 07:23:46AM -0700, Krasimir Angelov ->
>      Hello, Jonas
>
>   Is there any chance to run the hIDE under Windows?

It is theoretically possible but it would be rather much work.

``Unix-only'' stuff which hIDE uses:

        * Some unix programs (easy to fix)
        * gtk+hs (gtk 1.2 is not really supported under windows)
        * the Haskell Posix library (the binary version of GHC for
          windows does not include the Posix library as far as I
          know)

The main problem is that gtk+hs does not currently work under windows.
I have not looked at the Haskell GUI bindings for windows so I don't
know how difficult it would be to port.

Basically the answer is, unfortenately, no.

/jonas
--
%http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d99josve/ - d99josve@dtek.chalmers.se