[ADMINISTRIVIA]: Change list submission policy please?

Ashley Yakeley ashley@semantic.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:21:02 -0700

At 2002-06-28 03:14, Simon Marlow wrote:

>The problem with this (and the reason it hasn't been done before) is that
>several people subscribe to the list under a different address than the
>one they use to post - for example, some institutions gateway the list to
>a local newsgroup.  We could work around this, but it would undoubtedly
>cause a non-zero amount of hassle.

I also run a mailing list using Mailman. I solve this problem by
subscribing posting-only addresses "nomail". If someone posts to the list
and they're not subscribed, I subscribe them nomail and then approve the
message. It's a bit of work but it keeps out spam.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA