Announce: Gtk2Hs - A Haskell binding for Gtk2
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:04:11 +0000 (GMT)
Note: This is not gtk+hs.
Gtk2Hs is a rewrite of gtk+hs. It is a binding to the recently released
version of Gtk2 with a couple of improvements over gtk+hs:
- Automatic memory management.
- Nearly complete coverage of widget functions and their signals,
including the new text and list widgets.
- The convenience wrapper MoGuL (Monad Gui Library) makes it possible to
create and lookup named widgets in a type safe way.
- Unicode support.
- Object-oriented calling convention for widget functions.
- Pragmatically uses both c2hs and hsc acquire information about the C
files. Automatically generates callback handlers and the widget type
- Needs ghc version 5.00 or later, makes use of the --make flag and
complies quite quickly (12 mins).
I am currently only providing CVS access to the sources. Find them at:
At the moment it does not compile on Solaris due to the 4 parameter
restriction of GHC for dynamic callbacks.
Feedback is very welcome, a good place to send it to is:
Share and enjoy,