HC&A Report: "Haskell 98 Report" copyright

Lennart Augustsson lennart@augustsson.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:08:32 +0100

Ian Lynagh wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I note with some sadness the more restrictive license that may be placed
>on the "Haskell 98 Report", as reported by the HC&A. The great
>openness/freeness of haskell, both the report and implementations, is,
>IMO, one of its most important features.
>
>I have just grabbed a copy of the latest revised report under the
>current licence.

As much as I hate forks, I guess this is the right thing to do if the
Haskell
report will lose its free status.  Hopefully there will not be too many
changes
to maintain in forks.  Thanks for doing this.

    -- Lennart