SQL queries in Haskell

Michal Gajda mg169780@students.mimuw.edu.pl
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:15:32 +0200 (CEST)

[In spirit of teaching you "how to fish" instead of fishing for you.
 No hurt feelings intended. :-)]

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, [iso-8859-1] Jo=E3o Marcos wrote:

> We're currently developing a project in my gradutaion course
> (Computer Science), about databases in Haskell. We didn't manage to
> write the correct Haskell code for the "Insert" and "Delete"
> operations.
> If you could help us with this, we would be very grateful.

Your question seems unclear:

1. What should the code do? (Clear specification is a must BEFORE writing
any code. Usually few english sentences are enough.)
2. Could you please send some other code (say, for "Select" operation) so
person answering can be familiar with environment in which you code
(helper functions, kind of database you use and so)?
3. Could you explain where is the difficulty? Good way is to send code of
your previous attempts.

Remember: if you want the other person to help you, you should make it as=
=20
easy as possible. In other words: make it "cheap" (usually in terms of=20
time) to feel your gratitude :-).

=09With humble hope it helps
=09=09Michal=20
PS Was I awful? :->