FW: quantum computing, monads, and FP in general

Amr Sabry sabry@cs.indiana.edu
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 06:53:43 -0500

Hi,

I stopped reading the list for a while ... Simon Peyton Jones kindly
forwarded the original message (and I re-subscribed to the list :-)

Anyway, last summer I've played a little with modeling QC in Haskell
using the high-level ideas you describe. I have nothing yet to show
but meanwhile you might be interested in a paper by Shin-Cheng Mu and
Richard Bird entitled "Functional Quantum Programming" which makes the
connections to monads quite apparent:

http://ropas.kaist.ac.kr/aplas/

My goal is to go much further than this paper though so perhaps in a
few weeks (months!?), I'll post something here. --Amr