Rational sequence

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:38:41 +0100

| > I definitely can't do that at this stage.  I have never liked
| > Float/Double/Ratio being in Enum, but there is no possibility of
| > removing them now.  A year or two ago, maybe.
|=20
| Just to clarify: Did you mean for Haskell 98 or did you mean forever?

Thanks for raising that

	I definitely mean "just for Haskell 98"

I am not trying to say anything about Haskell-beyond-H98.  In fact I
have always personally thought it was wrong to have Float/Double/Ratio
in Enum at all, but the majority view was otherwise a couple of years
ago (for H98).  But for post-H98, the field is wide open.

Simon