Hugs help

Wolfgang Lux wlux@uni-muenster.de
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:07:31 +0200

Arthur Fleck wrote:

> I downloaded and installed (apparently successfully) the binaries for
> Mac OS
> X under 10.1.5. When I try to execute from a terminal window (what's
> the
> difference between 'hugs' and 'runhugs"?), I get the error message
> "can't
> open library: /usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib". Indeed, there is no such
> library
> there, but there is 'libcurses.dylib' there. I'd appreciate finding out
> where I'm going wrong. Sorry if this is in FAQ, but I had trouble
> seeing it.

The version of Hugs you have downloaded was built for OS X 10.2 not
10.1.5. You have the option of either upgrading to 10.2 or recompiling
Hugs from the sources. If you have the OS X developer tools installed
this is fairly trivial, just follow the instructions for building Hugs
on a Unix
machine.

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Lux                              Phone: +49-251-83-38263
Institut fuer Wirtschaftinformatik          FAX: +49-251-83-38259