Haskell 98

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:36:01 +0100

Folks

As you know, we're in the home straight for Haskell 98.  With the
exception of the recent discussion of echoing, there have been very,
very few changes since the May release. (Check out the bugs list.)

Cambridge University Press are going to publish the Language and Library
Reports, both as a book, and as the Jan 2003 issue of the Journal of
Functional Programming.  I have to deliver the source files to them by
end of Sept. =20

The current draft is at
	http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/haskell98-revised

It includes one new thing: a single integrated book-style document that
includes both the language and library reports, with a single index.
This book also has a new preface; this is my attempt to combine stuff
from both old prefaces, eliminating some old material at the same time.

CUP do not want to have a dozen authors for the book, and indeed there
are past members of the Haskell committee who deserve credit, as well as
many people on the Haskell mailing list who have made substantial
contributions.  So the book currently shows me as editor, while the
preface attempts to give credit where credit is due.  Please help me to
improve it.

The copyright notice is, I believe, agreed with CUP, but I must check
that.  The online versions will remain available.

Please take a look.=20

Simon