Super Haddock (was Re: Literate Programming)

Keith Wansbrough Keith.Wansbrough@cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:19:01 +0100

Andy Moran wrote:

> I use haddock to document interfaces for modules and it works wonderfully
> for that (and it would be even better if I could use haddock comments
> inside records and in between constructor arguments, hint, hint).
>
> But I find myself using it in comments within code (especially within local
> functions) too.  Perhaps a haddock that had two modes (one for interfaces,
> one for implementation) would work.  The interface mode would work as it
> does now.  The implementation mode would produce a .html version of the
> entire module, using haddock comments to mark it up.

I would find this very useful too, even without fancy syntax highlighting and crossreferences for the code (although they would of course be nice!).

--KW 8-)
--
Keith Wansbrough <kw217@cl.cam.ac.uk>
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/kw217/