Super Haddock (was Re: Literate Programming)

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
25 Apr 2003 10:09:21 +0200

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar@microsoft.com> writes:

> Somebody else=B9 wrote:

>> This seems like a good way of transitioning from .lhs to=20
>> haddock'd .hs.  In the long run, I think we (meaning Simon :-)
>> should to extend haddock to take the place of the .lhs style of
>> documenting code.=20

> That's an interesting idea.  It's not at all what Haddock was intended
> for, but that's not to say it couldn't be done!

I'm not sure I would like this.  I guess I'm one of (the apparently
very few?) who are using LaTeX lhs style (using \begin/\end{code}).
Would a Haddock replacement give me the same kind of functionality in
producing a nice printable copy?  I definitely have grown attached to
having math, footnotes, page headings, sections, and so on.

-kzm

=B9) As Exchange doesn't leave useful thread information, I'm not quite
sure who.  Simon and others, if you must use Exchange, could you take
care to leave an attribution, prefereably including the message-id?

--=20