Haskell for non-Haskell's sake

Graham Klyne GK@ninebynine.org
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:55:58 +0100

At 17:39 29/08/03 -0700, Hal Daume III wrote:
>Hi fellow Haskellers,
>
>I'm attempting to get a sense of the topology of the Haskell
>community.  Based on the Haskell Communities & Activities reports, it
>seems that the large majority of people use Haskell for Haskell's sake.
>
>If you use Haskell for a purpose *other than* one of those listed below,
>I'd love to hear.  I don't need a long report, anything from a simple "I
>do" to a paragraph would be fine, and if you want to remain anonymous
>that's fine, too.

Rather than repeat myself, I refer you to my "individual Haskellers" entry in:
   http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/communities/05-2003/html/report.html#sect6.5

(Hmmm... I notice no direct URI reference is available... just scan down a
section from the above link.)

In short, I'm exploring use of Haskell as "a scripting language for the
semantic web".

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org