Looking for large Haskell programs

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:18:38 +0000

Tobias Gedell <d99getob@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

>  > GHC is such a program, as are the other Haskell compilers.  Perhaps
>  > too complicated for your purposes, though.
>
> GHC has too many mutually recursive modules to be useful, otherwise it
> would be great! But I will look more into the other compilers, are they
> written in Haskell?, thanks for the suggestion!

nhc98comp (compiler proper, excluding driver scripts, prelude, etc.)
is written in almost pure Haskell'98, and seems to be about 27,000
lines these days.  Of that, ~4000 lines are completely blank, and I
don't know how to count the comment lines, but there are certainly
more than ~3000.

I can also give you a single (machine-generated) module that is 27,000
lines on its own!  It is the tracing version of the standard Prelude,
transformed from the ordinary published definition by Hat.

Regards,
    Malcolm