FM03 CFP- Deadline is approaching

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:33:53 +0100

--============_-1166633470==_ma============

Sorry if some of you receive multiple copies of this message.

     Stefania Gnesi (FM2003 General Chair)

=3D=3D=3D

                          Call for Papers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--

The 12th International FME Symposium

Pisa, Italy - September 8-14, 2003

http://fme03.isti.cnr.it -  fme03@isti.cnr.it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--

=46M 2003 is the twelfth in a series of symposia organized by Formal
Methods Europe, an independent association whose aim is to stimulate

=46ormal methods have been controversial throughout their history, and
the realization of their full potential remains, in the eyes of many
practitioners, merely a promise. Have they been successful in
industry? If so, under which conditions? Has any progress been made
in dispelling the skepticism that surrounds them? Are they worth the
effort? Which aspects of formal methods have become so well
established in the industrial practices to loose the "formal method"
label in the meanwhile?

=46M 2003 aims to answer these questions, by seeking contributions not
only from the Formal Methods community but also from outsiders and
even from skeptical people who are most welcome to explain, document,
and motivate the source of their reluctance. We are confident that a
wide spectrum of experiences and a loyal contrasting of opinions will
foster a better and deeper understanding, if not a wider adoption of
=46ormal Methods.

=46ar from restricting the focus of the conference, however, FM 2003
also welcomes papers with strong theoretical content that establish a
connection with the practice of  formal methods.

Therefore, FM 2003 welcomes papers in all aspects of formal methods
for computer systems, including the following:

=85 introducing formal methods in the practice of industrial processes
(technical, organizational, social, psychological aspects)
=85 concerns and risks for potential adopters of formal methods;
cost-benefit analysis
=85 reports on practical use and case studies (reporting positive or
negative experiences)
=85 formal methods in hardware and system design
=85 reusable domain theories
=85 theoretical foundations (specification and modeling, refining,
verification, etc.)
=85 tool support and software engineering
=85 environments for formal methods
=85 method integration

Papers

=46ull papers should be submitted electronically via the Web by March
7, 2003. Full submission details will be published on the conference
web site. Papers will be evaluated by the Program Committee according
to their originality, significance, soundness, quality of
presentation and relevance with respect to the main issues of the
symposium. Papers should have not been submitted elsewhere for
publication. Accepted papers will be published in the symposium
proceedings in the LNCS series by Springer Verlag.

Papers should not exceed twenty pages, although longer papers will be
considered if their content justifies it. LNCS format should be used.
Please include a short list of keywords on a separate line at the end
of the abstract, beginning with the word "Keywords:" in boldface.

Other symposium activities

In addition to presentations of submitted papers, the symposium will
offer half-day or full-day tutorials, one-day or two-days workshops,
invited speakers, and tool demonstrations with presentations. Please
send your proposals for tutorials/workshops/tool exhibitions to the
related chairs by the deadlines indicated below.

=46or full details of what is required, whom to contact, etc, see the
web site http://fme03.isti.cnr.it, or send  your query to
fme03@isti.cnr.it.

Submission Deadlines

March 7, 2003:    Papers (firm deadline)
March 7, 2003:    Workshop/tutorial proposals
May 9, 2003:       Tool Exhibition proposals
June 8, 2003:      Papers' final version

Acceptance Notifications

March 20, 2003:   Tutorials/workshops
May 9, 2003:         Papers
June 8, 2003:        Tool Exhibition

--============_-1166633470==_ma============

 --></style><title>FM03 CFP- Deadline is
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Stefania Gnesi (FM2003 General Chair)<br>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<span
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<br>
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
-----------------------------------------<span
-----------------------------------------<span
=46M 2003 is the twelfth in a series of symposia organized by Formal<br>
Methods Europe, an independent association whose aim is to
stimulate<br>
the use of, and research on, formal methods for software
development.<br>
These symposia have been notably successful in bringing together a<br>
community of users, researchers, and developers of precise<br>
mathematical methods for software development as well as
industrial<br>
users.<br>
=46ormal methods have been controversial throughout their history,
and<br>
the realization of their full potential remains, in the eyes of
many<br>
practitioners, merely a promise. Have they been successful in<br>
industry? If so, under which conditions? Has any progress been
made<br>
in dispelling the skepticism that surrounds them? Are they worth
the<br>
effort? Which aspects of formal methods have become so well<br>
established in the industrial practices to loose the &quot;formal
method&quot;<br>
label in the meanwhile?<br>
=46M 2003 aims to answer these questions, by seeking contributions
not<br>
only from the Formal Methods community but also from outsiders and<br>
even from skeptical people who are most welcome to explain,
document,<br>
and motivate the source of their reluctance. We are confident that
a<br>
wide spectrum of experiences and a loyal contrasting of opinions
will<br>
foster a better and deeper understanding, if not a wider adoption
of<br>
=46ormal Methods.<br>
=46ar from restricting the focus of the conference, however, FM 2003<br>
also welcomes papers with strong theoretical content that establish
a<br>
connection with the practice of&nbsp; formal methods.<br>
Therefore, FM 2003 welcomes papers in all aspects of formal
methods<br>
for computer systems, including the following:<br>
=85 introducing formal methods in the practice of industrial
processes<br>
(technical, organizational, social, psychological aspects)<br>
=85 concerns and risks for potential adopters of formal methods;<br>
cost-benefit analysis<br>
=85 reports on practical use and case studies (reporting positive
or<br>
negative experiences)<br>
=85 formal methods in hardware and system design<br>
=85 reusable domain theories<br>
=85 theoretical foundations (specification and modeling, refining,<br>
verification, etc.)<br>
=85 tool support and software engineering<br>
=85 environments for formal methods<br>
=85 method integration<br>
=46ull papers should be submitted electronically via the Web by
March<br>
7, 2003. Full submission details will be published on the
conference</div>
according<br>
to their originality, significance, soundness, quality of<br>
presentation and relevance with respect to the main issues of the<br>
symposium. Papers should have not been submitted elsewhere for<br>
publication. Accepted papers will be published in the symposium<br>
proceedings in the LNCS series by Springer Verlag.<br>
Papers should not exceed twenty pages, although longer papers will
be<br>
considered if their content justifies it. LNCS format should be
used.<br>
Please include a short list of keywords on a separate line at the
end<br>
of the abstract, beginning with the word &quot;Keywords:&quot; in
boldface.<br>
Other symposium activities<br>
In addition to presentations of submitted papers, the symposium
will<br>
offer half-day or full-day tutorials, one-day or two-days
workshops,<br>
invited speakers, and tool demonstrations with presentations.
Please<br>
send your proposals for tutorials/workshops/tool exhibitions to
the<br>
related chairs by the deadlines indicated below.<br>
=46or full details of what is required, whom to contact, etc, see
the<br>
web site http://fme03.isti.cnr.it, or send&nbsp; your query to<br>
fme03@isti.cnr.it.<br>
March 7, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Papers (firm deadline)<br>
March 7, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Workshop/tutorial proposals<br>
May 9, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tool Exhibition
proposals<br>
June 8, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Papers' final version<br>
March 20, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp; Tutorials/workshops<br>
May 9, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Papers<br>
June 8, 2003:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tool
Exhibition<br>