Q. about XML support (WAS: Re: Interesting Read)

Joe English jenglish@flightlab.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:52:59 -0800

Graham Klyne wrote:

> Which leads me to a question:  starting from the haskell.org web page, I
> have identified three XML parsers in Haskell (HaXml, hXML, Haskell XML
> Toolbox), none of which seem to support XML namespaces and only one of
> which claims to be tested on both HUGS and GHC.
>
> Can anyone offer any recommendations, or maybe pointers to other work?

What are you looking for in an XML toolkit?

As far as HXML goes, I have a rough sketch of an
implementation of XML namespace support, not yet
finished or released.  (This is a somewhat thorny
problem; implementing XMLNS is not hard, but implementing
it in a sane way requires some ingenuity.)

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com