Q. about XML support

Uwe Schmidt si@fh-wedel.de
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:36:11 +0100

Graham Klyne wrote

> Which leads me to a question:  starting from the haskell.org web page, I
> have identified three XML parsers in Haskell (HaXml, hXML, Haskell XML
> Toolbox), none of which seem to support XML namespaces and only one of
> which claims to be tested on both HUGS and GHC.

The latest version (2.00) of the Haskell XML Toolbox supports namespaces,
namespace handling is done by separate functions, there is one function
to propagating the namespace uri's down a tree and decorating tag names and
attribute names, a second function can be used to check namespace conformance
with respect to the w3c recommendation. Additional filters are available
for selection of tag names and attribute names via namespaces.

for further info look at
http://www.fh-wedel.de/~si/HXmlToolbox/index.html

uwe schmidt