Announce: hircules 0.2 released

Jens Petersen petersen@haskell.org
04 Jul 2003 11:40:39 +0900

I am happy to annouce the release of Hircules 0.2.

Hircules is an IRC client written in Haskell, using gtk2hs
for its user interface.  Since the last release about 2 months
ago, many bugs have been fixed and some new features added.
A brief list of the main changes is appended below.

See the Hircules webpage <http://haskell.org/hircules/> for
more details.  A source tarball and an i386 rpm built for Linux
with glibc-2.3 and gtk2-2.2 are available for download from
the project site page <http://sourceforge.net/projects/hircules/>.

Going forward I want to make an effort to keep the cvs repository
more up-to-date with more regular commits.  The TODO list contains
the list of features I would like to implement in coming versions.

Enjoy, and as usual please send your feedback and comments,

Jens

* Summary of changes in Hircules 0.2
- Whitespace in messages received, sent and displayed is now preserved.
- Hircules can now be run from a non-tty.
- The "/me" command has been added for writing ctcp actions.
- CTCP actions are now displayed properly.
- When users join a channel their "user@host" info is also displayed
now.
- MODE changes should now be displayed properly.
- All channels are now logged to a log file in ".hircules/log/".
- Channel tabs are now numbered.
- Channel members are now tracked per channel.
  Quit and nick-change messages only appear now in the relevant channel.
- Private messages and public messages addressed to one (with "nick:
...") cause an audible beep.
- Public messages addressed to one appear also in a new virtual Alert
channel.
- /join can now also be used to display a hidden channel or start a
private conversation.