New Haskell and FP merchandise logos for review

Fritz K Ruehr fruehr@willamette.edu
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

John Peterson recently handed over control of the Haskell Merchandise
area of haskell.org to me and, in celebration, I've created a bunch of
provisional designs for new Haskell, FP and types-related "swag".

The logos include the original and new haskell.org logos and about
15 others, designed around traditional T-shirt logo aesthetics (puns,
strident dogmatic posturings and mild sexual suggestion). I've tried to
represent a range of Haskell community viewpoints, from pure/theory to
systems/"hacker". (A couple of the designs will likely appeal to a very
limited audience, for example the catamorphism evaluation law expressed
with *real* banana brackets ... ).

For now the logos are just graphic files in PNG format, available from
this URL, linked from thumbnails and accompanied by a few comments:

	<http://www.willamette.edu/~fruehr/logos/intro.html>

My intent is to convert them, as called for, into products on the
CafePress site and link them in via the Haskell Merchandise page
(see the docs at the URL for more details).

I'm not sure exactly what the protocol for selecting logo/product
combinations should be, but for now I will just take e-mails from
people (if this becomes laborious maybe a Wiki page would be better).
I am open to suggestions for changes or additions, or to other peoples'
designs. Note that neither I nor haskell.org will make any profit,
but there is some possibility of using a modest charge to off-set a
more convenient CafePress set-up (again, go to the URL for details).

  --  Fritz Ruehr

PS: replies to haskell-cafe please!

PPS to whomever requested the new haskell.org logo: sorry for the delay,
I will consider your request as first in the queue and open a new store
presently. But write me with your specific interest for a product
(i.e., white t-shirt, grey t-shirt, tank-top, etc.).