Haskell History

Arjan van IJzendoorn afie@cs.uu.nl
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:17:40 +0100

Hello Steffen,

> I need a lot of material relating the following topics:
>
> - from lambda calculus to functional programming
> - other roots of Haskell (e.g. Gofer, ...)
> - genesis of the well known and beloved standard Haskell98

See "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming
languages" by Paul Hudak. That's a great starting point for a "History of
Haskell" page:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=72551.72554

Matthew Donadio suggested it to me for the Learning Haskell page, but your
future history page seems like a better place to me.

You're welcome to steal the simple layout of the Learning Haskell page and
maybe someone will make you a logo...

Greetings, Arjan