problems invoking haddock

Marcus Lindblom d98macke@dtek.chalmers.se
Sun, 4 May 2003 18:45:03 +0200

> From: "Andre W B Furtado" <andrefurtado@ieg.com.br>
>
> [heap of woes snipped]
>
> Argh! I wonder if haddock has a install shield wizard for Windows! :)

Hmm. After some further investigation (noted that Python didn't work
properly on my system either :), the
file/usr/doc/Cygwin/python-2.2.2.README says:

---
3. Due to issues with Cygwin's fork() and DLL base address conflicts,
one should rebase their Cygwin system to prevent fork() failures.  Use
the following procedure to rebase your system:

    a. install the Cygwin rebase package (if necessary)
    b. shutdown all Cygwin processes
    c. start bash (do not use rxvt)
    d. execute rebaseall (in the bash window)
---

Doing b. was a bit tricky (any processes left running lock the DLL's for
writing, so rebase complains with error =3D 6), but after that the only
messages I got was:

/usr/lib/apache/xxx.dll: skipped because nonexistent

.. for a few dll's, but now =E5ython doesn't give me anymore forking
errors, so I believe this should work for you as well.

/Marcus