Diagrammatic representation of Haskell datatypes

Peter Padawitz peter.padawitz@udo.edu
Mon, 19 May 2003 14:40:13 +0200

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Bas van Dijk wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Hi,

I'm desining a visual programming language (just for fun...).
The language is pretty much based on "Visual Haskell":
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~johnr/papers/visual.html">http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~johnr/papers/visual.html</a>

But it uses another approach to model higher-order functions:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/dami96higherorder.html">http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/dami96higherorder.html</a>

The "functional side" of the language is pretty much finished so what's left
is the "datatype side".

With Object-Oriented languages such as C++ and Java you can use diagram
languages such as UML to model the data. I was wondering if there exists
diagrammatic languages for modelling Haskell datatypes?

It would be great if someone can point me to some research papers.</pre>
The results of Haskell functions built into <a
 href="http://ls5-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/%7Epeter/Expander2/Expander2.html">Expander2</a>'s
simplifier are displayed by the same system's painter.<br>
The picture generation is based on 2-dimensional turtle systems.<br>
Peter<br>