Licensing of Haskell code

Shae Matijs Erisson shae@ScannedInAvian.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 17:01:12 +0200

Mark Carroll <mark@chaos.x-philes.com> writes:

> I should mention to contributors to the Haskell community that the precise
> licensing of their code can matter a lot.
>
> With my commercial company hat on,
<snip>
> With my altruistic idealist hat on,
<snip>

If you consider software a service rather than a product, GPL is the best
license for both hats. This has been working for me for the last few years.

> It would be really great if it were somehow easy for Haskell developers to
> be easily able to check the licensing status of various bits of code -

Python's dist-utils includes licensing info, sounds like a useful feature for
the Haskell dist-utils.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - 2 days older than RFC0226
#haskell on irc.freenode.net - We Put the Funk in Funktion