Fudgets with GHC 5.04.3

Thomas Hallgren hallgren@cse.ogi.edu
Thu, 29 May 2003 13:45:05 -0700

Bas van Dijk wrote:

>>In hsrc/ghmklib and Contrib/Makefile, there are options for which make
>>tool to use. I think the 030414 version uses humake by default.
>>
>env GHCFUDGETS=../GhcFudgets ../bin/ghuxmake -batch -cpp -O2 ContribFudgets.hs
>../bin/ghuxmake: line 44: ghumake: command not found

The Contrib/Makefile also uses humake by default, but can change it to
use hmake (ghc --make doesn't work here...).

>What do I have to change in: Contrib/Makefile to get it going?

Install hmake, and comment in the definition

    GHCXMAKE = ../bin/ghcxmake -cpp

and comment out the other definition of GHCXMAKE. (Or install humake.)

>If the source distribution doens't work then I gues I just have to use the
>binaries... :-(

Yes, why not? The point of binary distributions is to make things easier
for users... :-)

--
Thomas H