Haskell for non-Haskell sake

Gordon James Miller gmiller@promisemark.com
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:43:30 -0400

I'm currently examining using Haskell for doing numerical modelling of
middle atmospheric photochemistry for my PhD work.  I've long been
troubled by the disconnect between the mathematical formulation of
physical laws as found in textbooks and the imperative formulation of
them in C/Fortran/Java.

I absolutely love the expressiveness of Haskell with respect to writing
mathematical software and so I'm pursuing this with some vigor and hope
to have a series of web reports to present my successes and failures
with this.

Gordon James Miller Promisemark, Inc. Senior Computer Scientist
gmiller@promisemark.com (571)330-9012
Everyone has a place, some just need to be put there.