ANNOUNCE: HSQL 1.0 released

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:21:36 -0700 (PDT)

     Dear Haskellers

     I am pleased to announce HSQL 1.0. The package is
intended to give access to PostgresSQL, MySQL and ODBC
databases. The HSQL is a part of HToolkit project but
like GIO and Port it can be distributed as separate
bundle.
     This is the first public release but as far as I
know the package is already used in some other
projects. I make this release with hope to makes HSQL
more useful and more user friendly for other people
working in Haskell.

      What is new?

    - The HSQL is separated from GUI part of the old
HToolkit package.
    - Improved configure/make build system
    - the getSqlValue function from SqlBind type class
is renamed to fromSqlValue. In SqlBind is defined new
function - toSqlValue. The new function converts a
Haskell value to its equivalent string representation
in SQL syntax.
    - Improved support for geometric and network types
for PostgreSQL.
    - Some bugfixes

     How to build?

$ ./configure --enable-<backend>
$ make
$ make install

where <backend> is one of:
   - mysql
   - postgres
   - odbc

It is possible to build library with more than one
backend. Just type:

$ ./configure --enable-postgres --enable-odbc
--enable-mysql

Cheers
   Krasimir