[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: HSQL 1.2 release
ka2_mail at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 14:20:32 EST 2004
I am pleased to announce the HSQL library version 1.2.
The HSQL is a simple library, which provides interface
to multiple databases. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC and
SQLite are currently supported.
What is new?
1. The library namespaces are changed as follows:
- The namespace for ODBC is Database.HSQL.ODBC
instead of Database.ODBC.HSQL
- The namespace for PostgreSQL is
Database.HSQL.PostgreSQL instead of
- The new namespace for MySQL is
2. A new Database.HSQL module, which is an abstract
database interface, is added. Each database specific
module exports only the "connect" function, which
returns the abstract Connection type. All functions,
which operate on the Connection are exported from the
Database.HSQL. The user can import the database
specific module only in place where the connection is
established and for all other places it is enough to
import only Database.HSQL. The abstraction simplifies
the development of database independent applications
and libraries because the dependent part will be only
in place where the connection is established.
3. A module for SQLite database (Database.HSQL.SQLite)
has been added. The SQLite is a simple database
library, which works directly with a file and doesn't
use database server.
4. The new version works not only with GHC but also
with Hugs under both Windows and Linux.
5. A simple interface to the database meta information
has been added. By using the interface the application
can determine the list of tables and views in the
database and the list of columns in each table.
6. Some bugfixes and optimisations.
Great thanks to Bjorn Bringert for his work on porting
of HSQL to Hugs and on the meta information API.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
More information about the Haskell