[Haskell] Re: non-ASCII characters in Haddock documentation

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Sun Feb 15 22:14:46 EST 2004

Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2004 06:01 schrieb Ashley Yakeley:
> In article <200402121958.44935.wolfgang at jeltsch.net>,
>
>  Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang at jeltsch.net> wrote:
> > how do I insert non-ASCII and maybe even non-Latin-1 characters in
> > Haddock documentation?
>
> Can't you use HTML entities?

Haddock isn't restricted to HTML output.  So it wouldn't make much sense if
HTML entities could be used.  As I understand, only the Haddock markup
characters ("/", "@" etc.) have special meaning in doc comments.  So the
logical thing would be if, e.g., "&szlig;" would be translated to the HTML
code "&amp;szlig;" in order to show up as "&szlig;" in the browser.

I will check this soon.

Wolfgang