[Haskell] Re: Data.Set whishes

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Fri Feb 20 11:51:53 EST 2004

Excuse my ignorance, but why can't you just say:

import qualified Data.Set as Set

> Hello,
>
> the naming scheme you mention is nice, in my opinion.
>
> Alas, it has a problem with hierarchical module names.  For
> example, you
> cannot write Set.empty but have to write Data.Set.empty
> instead.  As modules
> get more and more nested, the qualified names get longer and longer.
>
> A solution would be if Haskell would allow "partially
> qualified" names, e.g.,
> you import Data and are able to say "Set.empty" afterwards.
>
> Wolfgang

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
material from any computer.