Hugs/GHC incompatibility

Iavor S. Diatchki diatchki at cse.ogi.edu
Wed Jan 21 14:03:45 EST 2004

hi,
not that it matters, but i think commonly when specifications say
that something is undefined, that means that the behaviour can be whatever,
i.e. the implementors can do what they like.   this is not to be confused
with the entity "undefined" defined in the Prelude.
-iavor

Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004 21:52 schrieb Wolfgang Jeltsch:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have some code which runs fine with GHC/GHCi but signals
>>    Program error: undefined array element
>>when run with Hugs.  Does anyone know why this difference occurs and where
>>I have to search for the cause of the error in my code?
>>
>>Wolfgang
>>

>Hello again,
>
>I think, I've found the problem. GHC seems to not implement Data.Array.array
>correctly. The implementation doesn't adhere to the following sentence from
>the Data.Array.IArray.array documentation:
>    If any two associations in the list have the same index, the value at that
>    index is undefined.
>Could this be fixed?
>
>Wolfgang

| Iavor S. Diatchki, Ph.D. student               |
| Department of Computer Science and Engineering |
| School of OGI at OHSU                          |
| http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki               |