Hugs/GHC incompatibility

Ben Rudiak-Gould benrg at dark.darkweb.com
Thu Jan 22 01:46:30 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

> In addition, I would like as little undefinedness as possible, i.e.,
> different implementations behaving as similar as possible.  So I'd be
> happy if the handling of duplicate indices was defined by the library
> specification.

I agree (in this case at least), and in fact I'd like the semantics to be
defined as array = accumArray (\a b -> b) _|_. Reasons: I think it's the
most efficient to implement, and it would allow about half of my uses of
accumArray to be replaced by array. (I think this is GHC's current
behavior.)

-- Ben