[Haskell]

Koji Nakahara yu- at div.club.ne.jp
Thu Mar 4 05:41:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:52:46 +0000
Alastair Reid <alastair at reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk> wrote:
-- snip

> Maybe we can have both sets of operations?  This could be done either using
> two separate Array types or by having two variants of a few of the array ops.

Nice.  I personally have not needed that check yet, but of course it's just me.
I read somewhere that GHC doesn't check duplicate indices because it makes
array construction too slow.  However GHC could leave it to the users choice
by supplying a compiler flag.

I'm very happy because one of the most experienced Haskell programmer considered
my argument as convincing.
Thank you.

--
Koji Nakahara