[Haskell] RFC: DData in hierarchical libraries

JP Bernardy jyp_7 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 01:41:19 EST 2004

Dear haskellers,

I propose to add a modified version of DData to the
hierachical libraries.

DData is a concrete library of collection types, by
Daan Leijen.
My modifications intend to make DData fit better in
the hierarchical libraries.

The haddock-generated documentation can be found here:

http://users.skynet.be/jyp/DData/doc/index.html

while the source code is at

http://users.skynet.be/jyp/DData/ddata.tar.gz

Any comment is welcome. (Including "I support this
proposal" :))

Cheers,
JP.

PS.
For those who don't follow the libraries list, the
reasoning leading to this proposal goes as such:

* Data.FiniteMap & Data.Set don't use the module
system
* We need better collection types
* A fully fledged collection framework is difficult to
agree on for integration in standard.
* We should have a concrete types library, leaving the
framework for later.
* DData looks like a good candidate