[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: cpphs-0.2

Tomasz Zielonka t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl
Sun May 16 12:33:43 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:30:47PM +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> I believe this to be a reasonably complete and correct implementation,
> and have tested it on some non-trivial examples from the standard
> libraries (e.g. Foreign.Storable and HOpenGL).  Nevertheless, there
> will be bugs and I encourage you to find them and report them.

If you want to really stress your program, check Boost.Preprocessor
library.  This is a library of arithmetic operations, data structures,
looping constructs, etc. all implemented entirely in C preprocessor.

  http://www.boost.org/libs/preprocessor/index.html

The distribution of Boost contains regression tests for preprocessor
library. It's placed in libs/preprocessor/test/. Right now cpphs doesn't
pass any test, because it trips on comments after #.

And now two error reports from me.

1.  #define C D D
    #define B C C
    #define A B B

    should expand to

    D D D D D D D D

    not

    D D C B

2.  #define F(x) #x
    F(abcd efg)

    should expand to

    "abcd efg"

    not

    #abcd efg

Best regards,
Tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links