[Haskell] Better Exception Handling

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Nov 24 16:27:39 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 07:14:28PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2004, at 18:28, John Goerzen wrote:
>
> >I note, though, that "making an Either into a Monad" doesn't do
> >anything
> >to deal with asynchronous exceptions.

[ snip]

> If that isn't what you meant by asynchronous exceptions then we are
> indeed talking at cross-purposes!

Thanks for the detailed explanation, but indeed we are :-)

I was referring to exceptions generated by things such as signals,
interrupts, certain network errors, stack problems, etc.  Exceptions are
are not necessarily generated as a direct result of a particular piece
of Haskell code.  Simon called them asynchronous in his paper, so I'm
just stealing the term :-)

-- John