[Haskell] Real life examples

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Wed Nov 24 17:47:51 EST 2004

Ben Rudiak-Gould wrote:
> Yes it does. :-) If each Haskell environment ships with a correct
> implementation of the library, then its interface is the only part that
> matters. If the unsafePerformIO hack doesn't work in your new Haskell
> compiler, you can replace it with some other magic that does work. It's
> fine for the Haskell environment to hide impure magic behind a pure
> interface -- that's what the language is all about.

What do you mean when you say the interface is pure?

If your module is really pure then there should be an implemenation
of it (which could have really bad complexity) with the same observable
behaviour that uses only pure Haskell.  Is this possible?

If it's not possible I don't understand what you mean by pure.

	-- Lennart