[Haskell] Re: Announcing initial release of Shaskell

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Dec 27 19:55:56 EST 2005

David Mercer writes:

 > Speaking of testing, is anyone aware of any good test
 > harnesses for benchmark comparison testing, it's been
 > quite a while since I cared about such things and am out
 > of touch with that corner of computing!

At <http://cryp.to/hopenssl/> you'll find Haskell bindings
to OpenSSL's digest algorithms. It should be quite simple to
write a small test program that computes a hash with OpenSSL
and with your code. Then you can compare the result for
correctness, and you can time the process too.

I'd do it myself, but the only machine I have available at
the moment is 8 years old, so installing GHC is out of
question, unfortunately.

Peter