[Haskell] par and forkIO

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 25 04:45:50 EST 2005

Essentially not at present; but it's high on our list.  Because of the
fun we've been having with Software Transactional Memory (STM), which
will be in GHC 6.4, and because of the multi-core machines that are
coming right now, Simon and I are starting to think much more about
genuine hardware concurrency, esp on multi-cores.  We have not actually
done anything yet, but I think we will soon.

STM is described in a PPoPP paper on my home page
	http://research.microsoft.com/%7Esimonpj/papers/stm/index.htm

Simon

On Behalf Of S. Alexander
| Jacobson
| Sent: 24 February 2005 15:55
| To: Haskell Mailing List
| Subject: [Haskell] par and forkIO
|
| Multicore and multi-cpu machines are getting more and more common.
|
| e.g. http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2354&p=2
| and

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/articles/article.asp?liArticleID=38887&
liArticleTypeID=1&liCategory