[Haskell] ST Monad and all that

Srinivas Nedunuri nedunuri at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 8 06:48:38 EDT 2005

Hello, in trying to understand how to use the ST Monad I've come across references to a bewildering variety of related types such as STRefs, STArrays, MutVar, ArrayRef, IORef, IOArray, ArrRef, etc. the list goes on. Is there a place where I can get a comprehensive explanation of what's what? Its a bit fustrating trying to figure out how these concepts relate to each other by reading snippets of information on different web sites and papers (e.g. "State in Haskell").

Thanks for your help