[Haskell] haddock

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Wed Jun 22 09:20:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

haddock generates html-Files named after the module. Since hierarchical
modules contain dots, such files are seen to have multiple extensions
(regardless of case) by our apache web server.

 http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#multipleext

Unfortunately "map" is the extension for our imap handler. Therefore
accessing the file Data.Map.html fails:

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agbkb/forschung/formal_methods/CoFI/hets/src-distribution/daily/HetCATS/docs/www/ghc/html/libraries/base/Data.Map.html

As far as I can see only Data.Map causes the problem, but a clean
solution would be to avoid multiple extensions for html-files generated
by haddock!

Is there a chance that haddock can be changed that way? (Replacing the
dot by some other character, maybe "-", in html file names only?)

Has only our web server a problem with Data.Map.html?

Cheers Christian