[Haskell] Research papers on Advanced Functional Programming?

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Wed Mar 23 04:50:25 EST 2005

Hello

I will soon give a course in Advanced Functional Programming at
Stockholm University
and for this course I am selecting a few research papers. Therefore I
ask you:

What would be _your_ choice of 5-10 research papers for an advanced
(senior graduate/D-
level) course on functional programming? Criteria are perhaps something
like:
   1) the paper addresses central aspects of
      modern advanced functional programming; and
   2) it is suitable for senior graduates (or at least a
      significant part of the paper is).

My particular course, which assumes discrete maths, logic,
data structures & algorithms, and a previous course on functional
programming,
is oriented mostly towards type theory (typed lambda calculi), type
classes, monads, and
generic programming, but I am curious to what is your general opinion
about what papers you
think are adequate for this kind of course. As far as I know there is
no obvious choice of
textbook for this kind of course, although there are of course several
volumes emitted from
the AFP summer schools.

Yours Sincerely,
Johan Glimming