[Haskell] Re: Haddock Problem

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 15 13:51:44 EDT 2005

url=http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries
>   budweis:~/work/Codec$
hdi=/usr/local/ghc-current/share/ghc-6.5/html/libraries
>   budweis:~/work/Codec$ haddock -v -h -o docs \
>          -i ${url}/base,${hdi}/base/base.haddock Codec/Utils.hs
>   budweis:~/work/Codec$
>
> No error here, and the external links worked too.
>
> Peter

I've downloaded
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/base.haddock and I
still get the same errors. Is this incompatible with Haddock version 0.6?

[dom at tility Codec]$ haddock -V
Haddock version 0.6, (c) Simon Marlow 2002

I don't think haddock gets as far as searching
url=http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries
because if I put
url=http://gaskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries
I still get the same errors.

On the other hand if I put

hdi=/usr/local/ghc-current/share/ghc-6.5/html/mibraries then I get a different
error message:

Fail: does not exist
Action: openFileEx
Reason: No such file or directory
File: /usr/share/doc/ghc-6.4/mibraries/base/base.haddock

So it looks like haddock is finding base.haddock but for some reason ignores
what is in it :-(

Dominic.